Nearly all villages at the Costa Blanca offer weekly markets with fresh fruit and vegetables, fish, meat and non-food. In Dénia and Jávea-Xàbia there are also permanent, covered markets which are open daily. On the weekly markets you will experience typical Spanish life. All people from the villages gather together, socialize and do their weekly shopping.
Below mentioned list is a short list of the most popular weekly markets at the Costa Blanca North. Of course there are more; some villages just have a few stands every week.
- Monday. Denia, Callosa d’en Sarria, La Nucia, Parcent
- Tuesday. Altea, Jalon/ Xaló
- Wednesday. Teulada, Benidorm, Benitachell, Calpe (rastro), Orba, Ondara
- Thursday. Jávea/ Xàbia Old Town, Benidoleig, Pego
- Friday. Moraira, Alfaz del Pi, Benidoleig, Denía (fruit & vegetables), El Verger, Finestrat, Gata de Gorgos, Oliva
- Saturday. Benissa, Calpe, Callosa d’en Sarria, Castell de Castells, Ondara, Pedreguer, Jalon/ Xaló (farmer’s market)
- Sunday. Benidorm, La Nucia, Jesus Pobre, Pedreguer (with rastro)
Some of the weekly markets at the Costa Blanca offer biological fruits and veggies as well. Especially the Friday market in Denia is known for it’s locally produced, organic food. As well is the Sunday market in Jesus Pobre. Check out our other post to know more about this market.